Keeping Seniors on Their Feet and Thriving through S. A. F. E. !
I have 38 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist working with each unique senior and having fun!
My keys to success are:
- I focus on the root issue that caused initial admission to the hospital and try to resolve it!
- STEADI, Stopping Elderly, Accidents, Death & Injuries, 15 years’ success using it. Take my fall prevention class!
- Many colleagues have remarked, “how did you get cranky, very ill, fragile “X” client out of bed?”. Learn how I motivate seniors!
- Rehab games to creatively work on balance, cognition, strength, and promote out of bed social activity using fond, familiar games.
An example would be a fall and subsequent fracture of any of these bones: hip, femur, pelvis, humerus, clavicle or compression fracture of the back and admission to the hospital etc.
STEADI: A comprehensive fall assessment by the rehab team
- How many falls in the past year and what were the circumstances?
- Balance test scores and mobility issues
- Feet and footwear issues
- Medical and medication issues
- Cognition screening
- Personal habits that may have caused the fall
Apply a treatment plan to address those issues!
You may contact us by filling in this form any time you need support, have questions, or leave feedback. You can also mail us at: Geriatric Rehab, Inc. Attn Denise Kean, OT, Pres. 1740 Shaff Rd #505, Stayton, OR 97383. Or call us at 1-503-660-3236