Our army of volunteers raises funds from the community to support local restaurants and feed heroes working on the front lines. 100% of your tax-deductible donation goes directly to local restaurants.
Frontline Foods is partnered with World Central Kitchen, a tax-exempt, registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization and all donations will be made and distributed through World Central Kitchen. All donations made in connection with this project are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Give a healthy meal to devoted, superb and tired healthcare workers. WIN-WIN! It also gives restaurants much needed income for their workers. Yeah, NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pittsburgh. As a bonus, see how you can help their PPE needs! In addition to hospitals, please call skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies and ask about their needs, including PPE.
There is no reason we shouldn’t have the best PPE and face masks in the USA for our healthcare workers. The eyes need to be protected as well! What is best practice? Let’s get our manufacturing plants re-purposed! Let’s GO! Here are some evidence-based links, resources and some creative solutions until our manufacturing plants get up to speed:
- Fabric masks are for PUBLIC USE!
- Know any sewing companies or quilters for face masks? Can they be worn over N95 masks to extend the lifespan?
- 100 MILLION MASKS CHALLENGE: http://ow.ly/JTAe50yY4GE
- South Korea flattened the curve quicker when the public wore masks & our USA Health officials and government are asking us to do the same!
Dr. Scott Segal & Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine and Health/Government officials state N95 masks need to be reserved for health care workers.
The Recommended MASKS for the public have:
- two layers of heavyweight “quilters cotton” with a thread count of at least 180
- had thicker and tighter weave
- Lesser quality fabrics also worked well, as long as they had an internal layer of flannel
- “You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik,” Segal said, “but you don’t want to use a knit fabric, because the holes between the knit stitches are bigger.”
- In other words, if the fabric allows for a substantial amount of light to shine through, it’s probably going to allow tiny viral particles through, as well. NO T-SHIRT material.
- Whole article: https://nbcnews.to/2yCrqXN
- The below are for MEDICAL FACILITIES and HEALTHCARE HEROES!
- UNMC example of repairing fabric hospital gowns by community: https://bit.ly/2UrcjZD
- Use powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs) in place of N95 respirators & eye protection
- Alternative when lacking N95 by using 2 surgical masks stapled together: https://bit.ly/39GFzA9
- PDF Face Shield including eyes, specs & materials: https://bit.ly/2Jsq1W2
- 3D FACE SHIELD specifications & materials: https://bit.ly/2UNgPSB
- Know anyone with a 3D Printer? Send this info! Colleges, college students and many companies have them!
- 3D Printed Ear Guards for face masks
- Intubation Tube Shield: https://bit.ly/3bMW1QC
- CLEANING N95 FACE MASK:
- Social Distancing (COVID-19) at its best! See below 3 MDs article.
- This also includes hospital dx COVID-19 patient discharged NOT to skilled nursing facilities but use medical judgement which patients discharged to hotels or bankrupt “empty” hospitals & SNFs, convention centers, army field hospitals, medical “cruise” ships with the care & support they need! http://bit.ly/2wcg8sA
Denise Kean, Pres.
Keeping Seniors on Their Feet & Thriving!
I provide Fall Prevention Classes to MDs, Medical Professionals, Insurance Companies and Senior Communities. Let’s decrease re-hospitalizations! http://bit.ly/30ivwxB